Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A call to Arms legs ,Calves and least we forget Thighs

How appropriate that today I should write about Runners who can sometimes become somewhat paranoid should they sustain an injury.
Yesterday I , me , myself had to be fitted for a robot like knee brace to keep my Patella in line and get it back into its groove.Patella[kneecap] apparently if had not been sitting in its proper groove because of some funky hip problem I had which now has been addressed but this other thing was then discovered by my excellent in home physio therapist Destra.Who then informed my surgeon , who then gave me a priscription for a brace.
Needless to say its not at all fashinable, to afashionesta like myself.
Any way back to the real athalets,when it comes to injuries whether a cramp, fall or muscle spasm this could mean adding time to thier run or the worst taking them away from running![this is were the oragan music would come in]This is not acceptable, why would their highly trained bodies fail them?

If the injury is severe enough a runner becomes anxiety ridden, they go to sports kinesoligist for the lastest massage ,phsio and electrical muscle stimulation[yes master its alive ]
Runners who cannot run I would equate to a pinball in a pinball machine, too much energy and no where to place it , mind you a little yard work or repaving the walkway or painting the family room or laying those new floors just does not provide the same runners buzz.


They then begin the ritual of collecting varios creams , jells ointments[pue]heat patches ,cold compresses braces, therapist to administer strength excercies[not to mention emailing and clling each any every runner they know..trust me I've seen this live.
These pursuits donot stop till this falllen soldier is back hitting the pavement again.

I cannot sympathize when this happens at my house, after who is that women with 103 fever dragging herself around making kids lunches and dinner and doing the laundry for a week wearing the same nightgown the whole time as she hasn't the strngth to pull it over her head to get it off.

So I say to you with calf muscle suck it up baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment