Saturday, July 3, 2010

Eye spy with my wood stained eye.................goop and pain

Yesterday was like any ordinary bizzareo world day, but because it was going so perfectly something had to throw a wrench into it!
I'd just finished putting one coat of stain on top of the kitchen table which I thought was just flat black paint but it wasn't, any how as i place the lid on top of the can it slipped out of my fingers and of coarse it plopped one edge down into the liquid and the can was full so it splattered  right into my face and into my left eye.
Let the screaming begin and burning luckily as I was standing by the kitchen sink  and turned the tap on full blast and started rinsing , my neighbor rushed over as he was in his kitchen as did his son who is in EMS training at this moment , they as well as Serena called 911 , at the hospital they were trying to read the label which conveniently had a sale sticker over the hazard area of the can and what the chemicals were in it.So the had to call poison control for info............then it was 45minutes with this contact lens funnel thing over my eye ball with an entire bottle of IV saline solution to constantly wash over it, my knees where shaking the whole time not to mention my kidneys really needed a bathroom but you could not move. After it was removed an eye exam to see if there was any thing left in the eye or behind it which required they freeze your eye, it seemed all clear except for a small cut in the upper corea which the doctor said should heal on it own , I'll get a second opnion from my eye doctor just to make sure and some eye antibiotic's  to prevent infection.
It was a crappy day but thankfully the damage was minimal.

The lesson here is  throw out the old and  or give it away  and or buy new screw this trying to fix crap over! So not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment