Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Marathon history lesson 101....

The first actual marathon runner was a Greek messenger called Philipedees{ hey its Greek and I don't know how to spell in Greek}He ran from a place allegedly called marathon{ would I lie to you}, who after delivering a vital message about an on coming possible invasion delivered the message and croaked!
I have deduced that this too may be the only cure to running addiction.

While one cannot dispute the benefits of running- thigh like frogs- strong lungs ,very helpful when balloons or air mattresses need blowing up.Viral hearts , these are needed since most of these runners work in offices or have cushy jobs.
The other very noticeable fall out from running is the putrid odor of metal that is emitted from the release of body toxins.
My children and I can tell you to the nanosecond when my hubby has arrived home from a run.
Not just the smell but the shoes strewn by the front door which we all trip over, followed by wet sweat laden clothes dropped on the bathroom floor, some days you might find a" surprise " a toe nail generally the big toe on the floor with a trail of blood droplets leading to our bedroom over the light beige carpet.
Who am I to complain, I'm just the Runners Wife!

1 comment: