Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rain in , Rain out, its raining all about!

Holy molly its like a wall of water out side the intensity of the rain this morning, beating down on my newly opened peonies, although it makes every thing emerald green , a little color wouldn't hurt but the flower heads haven't a chance being beaten down by giant rain drops.  
Those of us with arthritis  cringe when getting up on days like this, but once up and joints get lubricated by an assortment of liniments we are good to go with in reason.

World cup and that buzz, Monday's game had me holding my breath, I 'm for Italy ,but that buzz coming off the TV was driving me nuts. I am happy it was a tie although a win...so much better.
I agree that the ziparumbazoo noise maker is a cultural thing and should be respected , however can they just blow on it when something important happens  and not so consistently .
Or can the broadcasting just mute it more so that the commentary can be heard a little more sharper.

I'm stepping down from my soap box now.
Today my aunts and uncle are arriving from Connecticut via from Rome and by Sicily, so my mom will see 3 of her sister  all at once the first time in 38 years .I'm sure it will be very emotional.
We are all meeting t my cousin Frank and Maria Palmeri's in Richmond Hill were two of the aunts and an uncle will be staying during this time.
Wear your wellies and a raincoat and check the basement from time to time ,hope for sun tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about that vuvuzela noise thing at the soccer matches. Unbearable! Like you said, why not just do it when something important happens?
    Alexia from 2kidsandadog

    ReplyDelete